Our project this term is ‘When I fall asleep, it has a Knowledge and Understanding of the World focus and enables children to explore ‘after dark’ including finding out about the moon, stars, nocturnal animals and familiar routines at the end of the day.
In this project children will learn about:
• Routines that they take part in at bedtime
• The moon and stars and how the sky changes at night
• Sources of light and that dark is the absence of light
• Nocturnal animals such as owls, bats and foxes including where they live and how they behave
• Simple lullabies and nursery rhymes
• Expressing their own ideas and feelings about dreams that they experience
• Being safe and feeling safe at night time
• Mark making, drawing and emergent writing
• The Welsh language using words and phrases across a range of experiences both in the indoor and outdoor environment.
I would be grateful if you could send in any books or items that you may have related to the theme that we could borrow.
The Welsh language using words and phrases across a range of experiences both in the indoor and outdoor environment.