I am looking forward to a lovely year with Year 2 and would like to tell you about the weekly routine. Please continue to use the home-school books or the class dojo for ANY notes, messages and questions. Please place any money sent into school in an envelope in their folder and make a note in the book of the amount and purpose. Please encourage independence by allowing your child to bring their folder and coat into the foyer each morning the staff will be there to greet and direct your child to their classroom.
- Class teacher- Mrs Pearce.
- Teacher Assistant- Mrs Martin
- Could children be sent to school in their P.E kit on Fridays, plain shorts and t- shirt (joggers in Winter).
- Reading activities are completed every day and include individual and guided reading sessions together with writing and spelling activities. Please ensure the home school books and reading books are kept in the folder and brought into school everyday. The essential part of your child’s progress is reading - if you can read with your child every day this will really help. I would be grateful if you could write in the home school book when you read together at home.
- Homework will be given out every Friday and needs to be returned on a Wednesday.
- We show and tell items relating to interests,themes and hobbies on Friday.
- We aim to start the day with a brisk 'mile a day' walk around the school grounds.
- Water and milk are available during the day and everyone is encouraged to drink often. Please purchase a school water bottle(£2.50) or provide your own bottle.
- Fruit can also be brought into school or bought for 30p.
- Please ensure all clothing is clearly labelled.
- Could you ensure that I am aware of any changes in address, telephone numbers or medical information as soon as possible.
- Any further information you require please ask.
Mrs Pearce and Mrs Martin