Our theme this half term is ‘Happiness’.
This theme has a well-being focus and teaches the children about the importance of happiness, health and celebrations. We hope to use our writing skills to create poetry, use adjectives and writing to record ideas, experiences and write explanation texts. In this project the children will learn:
- How to understand and appreciate their own feelings and the feelings of others
- How to eat healthily and how this affects our well-being
- How to keep safe and how being safe keeps us happy and well
- How to describe emotions and feelings through dance, drama, art & music
- Significant happy life events that are celebrated
- How to collect and present information in an interesting way
Author of the month- Julia Donaldson
Any further information you require please ask.