Our theme during the second half term is ‘Remember, Remember’. It coincides with Remembrance Sunday within our local community.
This project has a history focus and teaches children about The Great Fire of London and the Gunpowder Plot and how these are remembered. We link our firework theme with the celebration of Diwali and the story of Rama and Sita.
At the heart of this project children write factual and historical recounts and develop additional skills in the writing of diary entries and sequencing stories.
In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding
by creating their own class museum ‘The Pudding Lane Bakery’.
In this project the children will learn:
• About life in 1600’s England;
• How to use a range of historical source materials including ICT;
• About two significant events of the time, the Gunpowder Plot and
The Great Fire of London;
• About significant people of the time including Guy Fawkes and Samuel Pepys;
• About the dangers of fire and how to keep safe, including a visit to our local fire station.
• How to write recounts and diaries of real events;
• How to express their ideas about fire through painting and textile