This project has a science focus and teaches children about light and sound and how they travel. At the heart of this project children learn how to write poems on the theme of light and sound and learn additional skills in scientific recording and explanation writing.
In this project the children will learn:
• How sound travels and how sounds can be made louder and quieter;
• How ears and eyes work and the names of their different parts of the ear and eye;
• How shadows are formed and how these change according to the position of the sun;
• About significant people and inventors who advanced the technology of light and sound;
• How the absence of sight and hearing affects people’s everyday life;
• How to use light and sound creatively in art, music and other creative media such as photography;
• How to write poems on a theme.