This project has a science focus and teaches children about a range of forces including gravity. At the heart of this project children write shape poems on the theme of roller coasters and develop additional skills in writing explanations and recording scientific investigations.
In this project the children will learn:
• About a range of different forces including gravity;
• How to carry out fair tests and investigations;
• About a range of mechanisms including pulleys and cams;
• About the properties of different materials and how to combine them to make them stronger;
• How to write shape poems;
• How to use ICT and multimedia resources to create a presentation.