National Tests / Personalised Assessments
Reading and Numeracy Tests in Wales
Pupils in Years 2 to 6 take national tests in reading and numeracy each summer. The National Procedutal Numeracy test will be adminstered online. This leaflet explains what the tests involve and what the test results can tell you about your child's learning.
Test information for parents and carers
Introduction to Personalised Assessments.
- Personalised assessments are adaptive, meaning that questions are selected based on the responses to previous questions. This provides a tailored assessment experience for each learner and will help all learners develop their skills through understanding what they can do, the things they need to work on, and their next steps.
- The assessments provide schools with information on the skills of individual learners and whole classes.
- There is no ‘test window’ for personalised assessments; timing is at the school’s discretion.
- Learners can take the personalised assessments in small or large groups, depending on the schools’ preferences and facilities, and schools do not need a large number of devices
- Learners are required to take the assessment once during the academic year. Schools also have the option to use the assessment once more during the academic year.