The Eco council (Eco Warriors) go to meetings, make suggestions and decisions as well as being involved in projects that the eco- council runs. The eco-council care for our school environment. We help others to follow our eco-code such as putting litter in the bin, turning off taps and lights and not leaving the computers on stand by. We monitor our energy use in class and encourage teachers and children to recycle.
So far this year we have:
· Elected new members for our eco-council 2019-20.
· Taken part in the school annual environmental review.
· Designed and voted for a new lanyard for Eco Warriors to wear to make us more visible.
· Designed a new Eco Display from recycled materials with monthly Green Goals.
· Cleared the poly tunnel ready for planting and made a new compost bin from pallets.
· Collected bottle tops for an art project.
· Green goals to be announced in assembly.
· Continue to encourage all pupils/ staff to follow the ECO code.
· To plant fruit and vegetables in the poly tunnel.
· To meet with designers/ builders for the new school to find out how it will help with our Eco Code.
· Create murals with the bottle tops.
For further information about Eco Schools please contact Mrs Austin.